Life University and the CSW have created a partnership that will help attract new students, mentoring current students and encouraging many graduates to return to Wisconsin.
WHAT CAN YOU DO AS A PARTICIPANT IN THE BADGERS FOR LIFE PROGRAM?
- Ask each and every one of your practice members if they have ever thought about becoming a chiropractor
- Provide materials in your office for prospective students
- Host a Student Recruitment event (SRE) in your community; LIFE will provide you with guidance (through the SRE DVD), materials and Recruiter supports as schedules allow
- Be included in our database of referrals to mentor prospective students (we’ll give prospective students your name and contact information)
- Support CSW’s scholarships for students from Wisconsin attending LIFE
WHY SHOULD I BE A MENTOR?
- Potential to offer support and financial assistance to an individual that you may personally know that is interested in pursuing a career in chiropractic. (See program benefits in the next section.)
- Unique opportunity to influence the next generation of chiropractors.
- Chance to engage potential associates or future partners.
PROGRAM BENEFITS AT LIFE UNIVERSITY
- Special benefits to attend Life University’s prospective student event, LIFE Leadership Weekend (LLW) (offered five times a year) to include a third night of lodging and up to $200 toward travel reimbursement, in addition to benefits offered to every LLW attendee.
- LIFE will waive the $50 application fee for prospective students applying through the program.
Enrolled Students (1st Quarter Only):
- Opportunity to receive a $7,500 scholarship - possibly more (Scholarship Application)
- Eligibility requirements:
- Must be an active member of the Badgers for Life Club.
- Must be a current student member of the Chiropractic Society of Wisconsin.
- Must be a Wisconsin resident.
- Must have a GPA of 3.0 or better.
- Must submit a signed letter of recommendation from a currently-licensed,Wisconsin DC with your completed application.
- Free student memberships in the CSW. Stay informed on what is happening in your home state!
- Free membership in The Wisconsin Club (student group) at Life University.
- Access to a large group of doctors throughout Wisconsin for networking and mentorship.
- Internship opportunities with Wisconsin mentors or other chiropractors.
- New doctor mentoring available.
- Free CSW membership during your first year in practice.
- Resources to help you get started.
WHY SHOULD YOU GET INVOLVED?
You are already carrying out many of these recruitment activities in your office as you serve our profession every day. You know people who would make great chiropractors, who would serve our profession well and who would love to find a career as rewarding as yours. It’s simple: You become a Buckeye for LIFE because you love to help people and you love Chiropractic.
HOW DO YOU TAKE THE NEXT STEP?
CLICK HERE to sign up; then start asking everyone you meet, "Have you ever thought about becoming a chiropractor?”
"I’m interested! Please send me more information.”
"I am interested in participating in the badgers for life program and will commit to recruiting in my community, mentoring prospective and current chiropractic students, and attracting new students to the chiropractic profession.”